Wednesday 25 February 2015

White DTHMPK Spawn and the next cabs off the rank

Only two months later than expected, my white spawn has sufficiently grown out to be sent out into the world - yay!

Bad news is there is only one male up for grabs. Only two survived through to maturity, along with a dozen or so females.

I'm keeping one male and two females, the rest are available for new homes. I still have a few females growing out, but I can put together a sibling pair for sale and then a few individual sisters.

These will all go up for sale on the Betta Buy/Sell Australia Facebook page and advertised this blog and on the CTPK Project Australia page.

I just need to find the time to take the photos...

On the spawning side, currently being conditioned are:

Male Yellow F2 combtail x female white DT HMPK (with extra yellow iridophores obvious)

Goal - increased chances of getting plakat combtails
         - increasing spawn tank temp to see if I can get a better male ratio
         - Commencement of DTCTPK line
         - Introducing new blood into the recessive line for F3
         - Looking to get yellow back in F5 (unless my white DT's have the nr1 gene somewhere)
         - Looking to get DT back in F5 - maybe even Yellow CT DT PK
           (very small chance though...something like 1.6%)

(not sure on the correct presentation of a fifth generation line which has had new blood introduced at the third generation...do I go back to F1 - which hides the amount of work that's gone into the line, or is the annotation more like F5 -2 to show the 5th generation two generations removed from new blood...)

Male White F1 DTHMPK x Female White F1 DTHMPK

These are F1 as far as I am concerned. Not sure what generation they came from when imported. I asked but wasn't informed so I can only play it by ear and keep an eye out for deformities. The spawn above with the yellow male will help as it will allow me to cross over and introduce new blood from a line of cousins.

Goal - Continue a line of white DTHMPK
         - Breed out (as much as possible) the marble gene, which I wasn't aware of but has appeared.
         - Gain more males in a spawn without any sign of marble
         - Gain males with better dorsals
         - Increasing tank temp (but different to above spawn) to test theory for gaining more males

Fingers crossed these spawns will take off over the next week or two.

The auction for the available white DT's will hopefully happen next week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment