Tuesday 17 March 2015

Over It

Last night my male Black Orchid plakat died of dropsy. I'd noticed he was starting to bloat a couple of days ago and immediately started him on a course of Kanaplex (Kanamycin). Seems he was beyond aid.

A few people out in Australia have aunts and uncles of these guys so maybe the line will continue under someone else's guidance.

The two spawns I have been trying to get up and running continue to remain unsuccessful - not surprising really as my heart just isn't in it at the moment.

I think it's time to put the fish away for a bit. My lack of energy is not doing the right thing by them.

If I can find the inspiration, I would still like to get some photos of my current stock and send them out to new homes, but I may just end up putting all the girls into a community tank and keeping what boys I have as pets.

Life outside the Fishroom just isnt conducive to me to persevere with my current efforts. The idea of creating my own lines doesn't have the draw it once did.

So that's it - if I get around to doing photos, I'll post them here, and maybe auction some off. If not, I'd like to thank everyone who helped me along this part of my fish-keeping journey. I'll probably be back at some point, just no idea when at this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment