Wednesday 2 October 2013

New Arrivals & New Projects

Firstly, today, I decided to can my Natural Planted Tank (NPT) project for two reasons:
  1. It wasn't working. I really need to have more plants than the few grasses and some sprite and pennywort that I had in there. Water parameters were through the roof.
  2. I need a grow-out tank
So, It's gone and a sand substrate is now settling in where once there was soil.

Next, a breeding pair of giants, a yellow female CT, another turquoise female CT and a male 'lavender' butterfly HM arrived along with three exceptionally cute baby Bristlenose catfish.

They are currently settling in so no photos until tomorrow or the day after.

We also decided to cull the Convict fry. We were loosing six or so fry every day for no apparent reason. We were down to the last dozen and I really want the tank for other breeding programs, so that was that. The alpha male and female haven't missed a beat though, they have another clutch which hatched two days ago. I'll leave them be this time.

Lastly, I'm working on a spawning guide. At least it will be a document on how I spawn, and have spawned successfully. I'll do a few more spawns before I publish it. Might do it in sequences here on the blog.

Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment